Contemporary Styles and Vocal Improvisation
Last offered on Sunday, October 4, 2020
This workshop will be offered again soon.
The workshop's recording will also be available in Jeannie's new Subscription Series, stay tuned!
In this live, interactive workshop on Zoom we dig into how to sing authentically in contemporary styles such as pop, pop/rock, jazz, and R&B. You will learn how to practice vocal improvisation without getting freaked out about it! This workshop will help you to:
- practice contemporary singing techniques, without harming your voice
- learn how-tos for singing contemporary styles more authentically
- practice exercises and techniques for developing interesting improv lines
- overcome insecurities when improvising
- discover what makes your voice unique and how to use that to your advantage
- how to shift from traditional Western training to contemporary styles